After turning off the light, it often flickers. This is the most common problem with electric lights. Incandescent lights do not have this problem, but the flicker rate of LED lights is higher than that of fluorescent lights. What causes the flicker of electric lights and how to solve this problem?
Under normal circumstances, the neutral line should be connected to the light junction box and the hot wire should be connected to the switch junction box. That is, the switch should control the on and off of the hot wire.
If the wires are reversed, the switch will control the on and off of the neutral line, causing a constant voltage at both ends of the electric light. As a result, the hot wire will produce a weak current with the ground, which can cause flicker for sensitive fluorescent and LED light products.
Change the direction of the neutral wire immediately. Reversing the neutral line not only causes the light to flicker, but also poses a risk of injury to maintenance personnel.
When the switch is turned off, the indicator light on the switch remains on. This current, accumulated through the capacitor of the electric light starter, can cause flicker of the electric light.
Remove the indicator light inside the switch or replace the switch.
Commonly found in places with dense wiring, such as balconies, storage rooms, etc. If these wires are close to the light wire or carry high-power appliances, such as water heaters, induced current can cause flicker of the electric light. This reason has a greater impact on LED light because it is more sensitive.
A contactor coil can be connected in series at the location of the electric light to eliminate the weak current in the circuit.
There are three reasons for wall switch-related issues: the switch controls the neutral line, the switch has an indicator light, and loose wiring.
This refers to the LED light always working normally and never changing regardless of whether the switch is on or off. Alternatively, the light remains off even with a new bulb. In this case, the switch may be burned out.
The switch has two contacts: when the contacts are connected, the electric light works; when the contacts are disconnected, the electric light goes out. In the event of a short circuit or overload in the circuit, especially if the circuit breaker has tripped, the switch is likely to be burned out.
During a short circuit or overload, a large amount of heat is generated, causing the internal conductor of the switch to melt and stick together, keeping the switch in a burned-out state. Replacing the switch promptly can solve the problem.